For the fifth month of the year I'm sharing tons of FIVES lists. Better your life in ways you can count on one hand, right here on kimberlynovosel.com, all month long!
My vision for my life ins't only happening in the future, it's happening now. I'm living what I imagined for myself five years ago, or one year ago. If you're like me and spend a lot of time focusing on the future, remember sometimes to pause and realize that now is the future, too. You imagined these moments, that home, your career, this relationship. Be proud. Be grateful.
Now that we've had our moment, think about five things you aspire to do, be, say, or accomplish. Here are five of mine. Share one or all of yours in the comments below! Bonus: Click the links in each one to see a photo of the dream!
1. I aspire to plant and grow a garden. It may be an urban garden in Brooklyn, but a garden is a garden! I want to grow herbs and veggies, and as I raise a family we will eat a certain percentage of our food directly from our own (even if rooftop) soil.
2. I aspire to own a shared lake house with my best girlfriends. A place to getaway on my own, with my family, or with the group of us and all our families. The three of us now live in different corners of the country, and it's very important to me that we have a couple of trips a year where we're able to spend some real quality time together.
3. I aspire to travel, travel, travel, and become fluent in French. After 8+ years of French classes and lessons, I still freeze up when it comes to speaking in a full-out conversation. I've borrowed Rosetta Stone from a friend, and either that will get me there or I'll just move to Paris. It will definitely be one or the other. My travel plans begin with Mexico this year and Europe in 2015.
4. I aspire to learn to make perfume. I can't really say why. There's something that interests me about the various "notes" of a scent - all the layers that make it unique, and how despite it's carefully created composition it can still be experienced differently by each person.
5. I aspire to make a difference by being a #GIRLBOSS. I want to be a leader who is respected and tough while giving my team the power to be themselves. I want to inspire women to reach for more while also taking care of themselves. I will be hard working, gracious, hold high standards, inspire, and get enough sleep. Yes, I believe we can have it all.
(From #GIRLBOSS: A #GIRLBOSS takes her life seriously without taking herself too seriously. She takes chances and takes responsibility on her own terms. . She knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them. When to button up and when to let her freak flag fly.)
What do you aspire to? Share your #FIVElist - or just one - in the comments!