Buff & Polish
Having a beauty routine that you love serves several purposes. First, of course, it sets you up for looking and feeling ready to face the day. Or how about that parts of your routine are even good for your health. Skin is an organ, after all! Then there's the fact that some pampering is good for the soul. Plus, having a well-practiced routine can help keep your busy busy day on track.
Here is my everyday routine:
Most mornings I work from home checking emails, blogging or following up with social media, or on phone calls with clients. It's often not until my late-morning-or-early-afternoon workout that I dress and leave the house. Post-workout is where my beauty routine starts.
1. If it's a hair wash day I use Organix Biotin and Collagen Shampoo and Conditioner. Pump up the volume!
2. This was a glossybox* find and I love it - I wash my face with Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish from The Aloe Source. My body wash options vary depending on how my skin feels or my mood. I use a body wash and loofa, a sea salt scrub, or a classic oatmeal soap. The scent of oatmeal soap is one of my greatest little happies.
3. Post-shower I slather on Trader Joe's Coconut Oil. It smells good, it's super hydrating and good for my skin, and it gives me a little shine that's especially nice after a workout. It makes me feel like a fitness model!
4. While my hair is wet I add a few drops of oil - Moroccan Oil is great but I also have a couple others in my collection that work just as well. I spray on a heat protector before I blow dry. If it's a day that I forego the hair washing, then I just add some dry shampoo and go!
6. My makeup routine starts with Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation - SPF 15! (Keep those rays away!)
8. In some seasons, I'll add Mac bronzer or blush. What I won't leave the house without doing is my eyes - I use a loose, nude Mac pigment on my lids followed by Mac's "Smolder" black eyeliner. Eyeliner is my absolute must-wear.
9. It all gets topped off with a bold black mascara. I honestly don't have a favorite but right now I'm using Tarte's Flashes.
10. A spritz of perfume and then I'm out the door again! My go-to is Yves Saint Laurent's Parisienne.
It may sound like a lot but it's really not. I get ready faster than most guys I know! Also, I'll be adding a brow routine after a visit to Benefit's Brow Bar today - learning to do my brows is one of my goals! #goalsmashing
What's your routine like? What are your absolute must-have products? Share your tips in the comments below!
*My boyfriend said, "Make sure you share all your tips on how you save money on this stuff." Here's one: glossybox is a monthly package that comes in the mail full of sample-or-full-size beauty products. Not only is it fun, but there's always something in the box that more than covers the cost. Win!