A couple of years ago my best girlfriends and I deemed our Christmas present theme as "My Favorite Things," gifting each other with new packages of our own favorite things that the other may discover to love just as much. This only works with close girlfriends, of course, as I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't be too excited about a certain style of bracelet or my boyfriend my swear-by-it eye cream.
1. BOOK: This past year, the very best book I read was The Age of Miracles. If you have not read it, buy a copy for yourself as well as one for every reader on your gift list. It's a beautiful story of life, relationships, and growing up told through the eyes of a young girl during the time the world begins to end. Captivating and moving.
2. TRINKET: I adore Pyrrha's reminiscent wax-stamp style necklaces. They're on the pricey end, so this is a special occasion or special person gift. Think BFF's thirtieth birthday, for bridesmaids, or to really impress your wife. (Believe me, this is better than a new piece from Kay's Jewelry that she'll never wear.) For a more busget friendly option, check out BaubleBar's mixed midi rings (you wear them just partway down your finger). I especially love the rose gold!
3. PERFUME: I love perfumes. Love them, love them, want to learn to make them. 21 Drops caught my attention this year because not only do their products smell fantastic but they employ aromatherapy in order to heal various ailments. This will be something new for your friends instead of just another scent in their repertoire, and they're less than $30. Be sweet by choosing Inspire or Uplift, or helpful via Hangover or PMS.
4. FITNESS FINDS: For the athlete on your list, this foam roller has changed my running and other workouts by helping me release the knots that repetitive motion creates. I also couldn't run without my Yurbuds, which stay in my ears no matter what and match my running shoes. Whether you're shopping for a runner, a yogi, a cyclist, or a cross fit junkie, lululemon makes the best products and anything from here will excite the gift-opener. Get her a gift card, even, and let her choose. One more? A subscription to Shape, Women's Health, SELF, or even the men's fitness magazines (their tips work for women too!) will keep her motivated all year long.
5. HOME: Whether I'm attempting to make my home look like my Pinterest boards or settling in during a blustery day, it's a delight to cozy up at home. Blankets from West Elm (the green ombre, gorg!), a new pair of Uggs, or knits (homemade or otherwise!) are always welcome.
6. WELLNESS: Things like juice cleanses, fitness classes, natural foods (like Sakara Life meals or a trip to Whole Foods), and treatments like facials are things we often put off or treat ourselves to just occasionally - the perfect recipe for a great gift! Give her a month of unlimited yoga, a week of delivered meals, a 3 day juice cleanse... you get the idea. Health is the gift that keeps giving!
What's a favorite thing you have that you'd love to share with your friends? What's at the top of your wish list this year?